Facts and Figures
- Israel is the Inventor of Drip Irrigation.
- Israel has come a long way from the time that it had to “Watch Every Drop” and now sits on the cutting edge of desalination technology and has the largest Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) Plant in the World, and three of the top ten largest in the World.
- It is the Number 1 – Re-user of Waste water in the World. Israel uses 87-90% of its wastewater mainly to irrigate land in the Negev desert for agriculture. The next largest country to reuse is Spain at 25-30%.
- Israel is on the cutting edge of Research & Development in water technology such as: desalination plants, pipes, valves, connectors, water meters, and water security.
- The biannual WATEC Conference in Tel Aviv attracts over 20,000 attendees from around the World.
- Israel is known as the Start-Up Nation. It has the most start ups per capita. With a total of 3850 start-ups, that equals one for each 1844 Israelis.
For more info please email: Israelwatertours@gmail.com